Visitors to our websites
When you visit our website we collect internet information and details of general visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site so that we can improve our visitors’ experience. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we collect personally identifiable information through our website, for example if you sign up for our news services via email, we will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
- Data controller
CEM Solutions (UK) Ltd is a data controller in respect of all the personal data collected on or in relation to this website.
- Contact details
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using our website contact form
- Post to:
10 Stancliffe House
Molyneux Business Park
- What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of information:
- Basic information about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system type and version, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation paths and service usage).
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- Information that you send to us in order to obtain a quotation for our services.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of using our website-based services.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us via our contact forms on the website.
- Google Analytics
- Using your personal information
- We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Supply you goods or services purchased or requested via the website.
- Send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you.
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- Send you email notifications which you have requested.
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider. We will share information only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website and dealing with charge-backs, refunds, complaints and queries relating to such payments.
- We use WordPress by Automattic as the website platform
- Other disclosures
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- 10.International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic financial transaction data associated with transactions you make on or in relation to our website will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except, of course, when you log in to the website).
- Policy amendments
- Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to receive marketing updates from us and we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time.
- Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
- Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
You can contact us by e-mail, phone or post via out Contact page on this website.
- About cookies
Cookies consist of small files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website:
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
- to track you as you navigate our website, and to enable the use of the some of the features on our website (such as an e-commerce shop, news pages and commenting system);
- to improve the website’s usability
- to analyse the use of our website
- in the administration of this website
- (to personalise our website for you, including targeting news which may be of particular interest to you.
Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google will store this information.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use some of the features of this website.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer. The method of doing so will depend upon your web browser. Instructions are available at your browsers website.
- Local data storage & security
We use password protected data storage IT systems for data backup. Some data is shared between our computing hardware such as laptops, desktop machines and smart phones.